About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 8 September 2016

Scatter Terrain Primed

Soooo....I haven't done anything on finishing off the Sarissa warehouse and corner store that I started a long time ago. I have, however, been beavering away prepping and priming some resin scatter terrain from Ainsty. I started the priming last night, but my airbrush was playing up a bit so I stopped and gave it a thorough clean - it definitely needed it. I decided to give my other airbrush a good cleaning too (it also needed it, but not quite as badly!). That was definitely a job worth doing - they are bother working so much better today.



I'll be painting these up in batches over the next few evenings. Then I'll finish the two buildings. Honest!

Anyway, on Saturday I'm planning to make a trip to Newbury Racecourse for Colours. I haven't been for a couple of years and there are a few things I want to pick up.

6 comments:

  1. Scatter terrain really does add to skirmish games.
    It may not look to exciting at this stage but when finished....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it'll look fab. And wholeheartedly agree that scatter makes or breaks good skirmish games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am off to set up Colours today. Do not forget there are things going on on all three floors. Nice scatter by the way. Ainsty will be at Colours along with many other traders.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read to help set up Colours.

      Delete
  4. @ Clint - cheers! They definitely add to the scene for skirmish games and provide essential cover and LOS blocking :)

    @ Herbert - thanks! :)

    @ Simon - cheers! It was good to meet you this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but effective scenics - they'll look great I'm sure

    ReplyDelete