About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 20 April 2014

More Gangsters

I had said that after painting the Fran figure I would return to the buccaneers. However, yesterday evening I was visited at my painting desk by eleven armed mobsters. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse - "Paint us up or you'll sleep with the fishes!".

Gulp!

Discretion being the better part of valour, I accepted their very generous offer and commenced work on them. So far I've done undercoat for the bits which will be white and basecoats for flesh and clothes. I'll do a bit more work later tonight and continue with them tomorrow.

Here are a couple of pics as they are now:





11 comments:

  1. Hard to resist cool fig's! Very nice so far Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like great fun. Those are some interesting miniatures. I really like the fat one with the tommy gun on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this batch very much the guy in the green suit could have come from the Dick Tracey Film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I've seen some of these running the local traffic and parking in Medway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Excellent work. And Marlon Brando? Who among them is the "Padrino" (The Godfather)? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the rest of the gang emerges...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great models, I can really understand that you do not want to put shame on the "family"...Great work, my favourite is the "Molly" in the yellow dress

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all!

    @ Chris - he's a great figure isn't he? Perfect for the big boss barking out orders to his men

    @ Clint - I did think about doing him yellow like the guy in Sin City

    @ John - or the Parks Police (aka the Keystone Cops) in Newham ;)

    @ Alessandro - I guess the fat man would be the Padrino. As for Marlon Brando, in his later years wasn't he known to "make you an offer you can't understand"? ;)

    @ Markus - never cross the Family! The moll in yellow is one of my favourites too.

    ReplyDelete