About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 25 March 2012

WIP: Chumbondas #3

Last night I did the second drybrush with Iraqi Sand. This actually came out quite stark when it had dried, so I repeated the washes to tone it down (for the black wash I used a bit less black and added some brown to the mix).

Pics when the washes had dried:



Today I painted the base coats of the equipment and weapons. They still need to have some detailing done as well as highlighting. After the highlights, I'll go straight to the Klear/ink coat. Mind you, it might be a good idea to paint the ground colour and drybrush it before I do that step ;-)

So, pics with equipment and weapons base coats done:





4 comments:

  1. I've seen you over at Ray and Angry's pages and I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I just started painting figures myself and am still learning. I hope you don't mind if I follow you and add you to my blogroll. It would be nice to have a woman painter to learn from!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! Great to have you on board! :)

      I'm not sure I'm the best person to learn from - I'm still learning myself! ;)

      Hmmm, you're follower #100. I guess that means it is time for me to do a prize draw (I believe that is somewhat traditional).

      Delete
  2. That's quite a shaggy horde , nice use of washes there.

    ReplyDelete